The Organizing Committee
The Committee of this competition is composed of members of the Students’ Jamboree Committee, the 17th Asian Congress of Architects.
This is a design ideas competition that invites students in the field of Architecture to contribute ideas and concepts that respond to the theme “Green Lifestyle”. Each country is facing their own sustainability concerns and students are encouraged to identify, at the same time resolve, these issues by using architectural designs.
Objectives of the competition
Students are free to select a site to come up with design ideas, built or portable or a prototype, which would encourage users to participate in a green and sustainable lifestyle. Students are encouraged to think along lines of cost effectiveness, energy efficiency, low carbon footprint, zero carbon emission and implementable means that may work with one need found in your particular region of Asia, or one which might even be effective when adapted in many different situations.
Date and Event
21st March 2016 – 20th May 2016 Submission of design to the respective National
20th May 2016 Deadline for Submission to the respective National
17th June 2016 Selection and announcement by the respective
End of July 2016 Announcement of final 5 best designs
29th September 2016 Announcement of Competition Result
The Jury Panel
1) Chairman of ACAE (Head Juror)
2) ARCASIA, Zone A-Member (Vice Chairman),
3) ARCASIA, Zone B-Member (Vice Chairman)
4) ARCASIA, Zone C-Member (Vice Chairman)
5) Convener of ARCASIA Students’ Architectural Design Competition
Any current full-time student studying Architecture or related courses accredited/ recognized by the respective National Architectural Institutions (NIA) of ARCASIA member countries.
Individual / Team Submission
Individual or team submissions accepted (No limitation on number of team members. Students are only allowed for one submission either on an individual or team basis.)
1. One file containing one A1-sized layout (594mm x 841mm) in landscape format, including (but not limited to) the following:
a. Location Plan/ Site Plan/ Block Plan/ Building Plans at appropriate scale;
b. Minimum one cross-section and or elevations at appropriate scale;
c. Diagram/ Sketches highlighting the design ideas and features;
d. Photomontages, Perspectives, and or other illustrations that can illustrate the ideas and design concepts;
e. Animation is not accepted.
2. Design Statement of 500 words maximum (font size: 12) in .doc format to explain the overall proposal, with proposal title.
3. Duly completed and signed Entry Form in .pdf format Anonymity and Confidentiality of Entries
No identification marks shall appear on the graphic layouts and the Design Statement. The participant shall keep his/ her entry confidential and take necessary steps to ensure it is not disclosed to any third parties throughout the competition until the public announcement of results.
Intellectual Property Rights
Intellectual Property Rights belong to the author(s), but upon submitting an entry to the category, the participant declares, warrants, agrees and undertakes that the submission (Intellectual Property Rights inclusive) would be used for promotion/ publication of the event.
The selected entries will be judged in accordance with the broad assessment guidelines (see below) by the Jurors. The decision of the Jury Panel shall be final and binding on all parties concerned and decisions cannot be appealed against. Participants do not have the right to request for access to the Jurors’ comments or records on the adjudication.
1. How the identification of sites or green issues can reflect the special context of their country;
2. How the proposed design can enlighten the understanding of green or sustainable lifestyles.
Prizes and Results
1) One Gold Award: HKD5,000 and Trophy
2) One Silver Award : HKD2,000 and Trophy
3) Three Bronze Awards : Each with HKD1,000 and Trophy
4) All shortlisted entries will be showcased at The 17th Asian Congress of Architects (ACA17) in Hong Kong in 2016.
Exhibition and Publication of Entries
The organizer is entitled to display or exhibit on any date and in any venue the entries or any part thereof, and publish including the report of the category events together with any selected entries.
All entries shall be in English.
For enquiries, please contact Ms Carman WONG and Ms Jocelyn KWOK of Event Secretariat by email at [email protected] (enquiry only).
1) Competition document
2) Entry Form