Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ilya Fadjar Maharika
Maharika is a Full-time Professor in the Department of Architecture Universitas Islam Indonesia Yogyakarta Indonesia, with a special interest in architecture education and theory as well as urban-rural spatial formation. His current research is on the interventions to urban-rural dynamic including through information technology, open design, and renaturalization-regenerative urbanism. He is a registered architect at the Indonesian Institute of Architects. He served as vice-chair of the Indonesian Association of School of Architecture (IASA – APTARI) for academic and curriculum development in 2013-2017.
He obtained his bachelor’s in architecture at Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta in 1993, master of arts from the Institute of Advanced Architectural Studies, University of York, the United Kingdom in 1999, and a doctorate in engineering (Dr.-Ing) from Universitaet Kassel, Germany in 2006.
Currently, he serves as the Dean of the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Planning, Universitas Islam Indonesia. He also served as the vice-rector for academic affairs of the Universitas Islam Indonesia (2014-2018).
His book “Umranisme” can be accessed freely in this link Umranisme: Penjelajahan Niat Arsitektur untuk Membangun Adab (2018, Yogyakarta: Universitas Islam Indonesia).
“Masjid Pasca Pandemi (bab buku dalam buku Islam Indonesia 2021)” (2021, Yogyakarta: UIIPress). ISBN: 978-623-6572-19-1
- 2018 – present, Chief of Strategic Officer, Planning and Development Office, Universitas Islam Indonesia
- 2018 – present, Member of Team on Quality Assurance of Higher Education (Team at the Students and Education Affairs, Directorate General of Higher Education)
- 2014 – 2017, Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, Universitas Islam Indonesia
- 2013 – 2017, Chair for Academic Development of Indonesian Association of School of Architecture (IASA) – APTARI (Asosiasi Pendidikan Tinggi Arsitektur Indonesia)
- 2010 – 2014, Head of Architecture Department; Obtained internal grant for internationalization 2012-2014 leading for KAAB Accreditation
Research Interest: Center for Socius Design
- Universitas Gadjah Mada (Ir, Architecture)
- University of York, United Kingdom (MA, Architecture, One World Studies)
- Universität Kassel, Germany (Dr.-Ing, Architecture Theory and Urbanism)